What draws your attention to a particular brand or page? Surely, it’s the look & feel. It’s the colors, the message, and the voice of the person(s) who represent it. Branding is the first step in the sales funnel…even though no one says this. Because to get people interested right from the beginning, you must have great branding to draw them in. Brand Strategy consists of several elements.
1. The Overall look & feel of the brand. Your distinct, identifiable colors & fonts. Consistency here.
2. The message that you want to deliver to your audience on how you answer their need, want, or desire.
3. The content strategy of consistently delivering that message.
4. Creating influence over your audience to keep them returning and invested in your brand.
5.Developing a structured timeline to deliver that content daily.
There are several elements to building your brand strategy.
The first phase is getting your brand strategy aligned with your business objectives.
Second is developing all the tools you will need to communicate the brand, such as your logo, tagline and website. Who’s still struggling here?
Finally, there is the phase of strengthening your newly developed or updated brand.
Who are your target clients? If you say “everybody” you are making a very big mistake. The narrower the focus, the faster the growth. Who’s struggling with growth?
Are you using the hashtag strategy I gave in my live to get more followers? That strategy consists of using hashtags for your ideal audience to find you. But also, using hashtags for your ideal customer to go and find them.
The more diverse the target audience, the more diluted your marketing efforts will be. So how do you know if you have chosen the right target client group? That’s where the next step comes in.
Research! You must use your analytics! See what content your audience resonates with. Which posts get the most engagement and where visitors spend the most time when they come to your site. Constantly review this information to make sure you are paying attention to who’s paying attention to you!
The next step in branding, understanding what your Instagram page says about you, is positioning.
Make it clear why someone should choose to shop with or work with you instead of another company. What are your specialties, expertise, or basically your niche? How will you stand out and be instantly recognizable?
Develop brand boards for your business to help develop your overall look & feel.
The issue that 99% of my audience struggles with is “what do I post?” There are many sites that offer free stock images. In my Babe Free 5 Day Challenge, I give many examples of those sites and my process of curating images for my Instagram businesses, as well as my clients.
The final step for this article is Content Strategy Planning. To help keep me organized and develop my content, I use a multitude of planning alternatives. But here are my top three:
- When I’m not using my own PoshGirlsClub Planner, I use this amazing Law of Attraction Planner. It is life!
- I LOVE Planoly! The platform is very pretty and girly. But the tools are stellar! I’ve used many online Instagram content schedulers. This, by far, is my favorite! Try it out here.
- And finally, I use Google Calendars to create specific calendars for different areas of my life. My social media scheduler is extremely useful, and when I create color coded events, I get updates automatically.
So, the branding strategy has many layers. You will continuously unfold layers as your brand develops and grows. But these are strategies you can take right now and implement into your daily routine.
Want to book a one on one with me to talk about how to brand for Instagram? Book a one on one here!
See you on the ‘Gram!
Keep Hustling, girls!
Don’t forget! Sharing Is Caring! 🙂 Feel free to share with your tribe!