Seeing IS Believing
One of the messages that has been drummed into my head over and over throughout my life is to write down my goals! My parents were big on the whole "positive thinking" vibe, so I guess it stuck. I too believe that you manifest your destiny with your thoughts, beliefs, and
actions. We now live in such a tech obsessed society that writing anything feels a bit archaic. But I have to say, there is something powerful in putting pen to paper, writing out my thoughts, placing my Intention on each letter and word. It feels like a transference of power. From Thought to Action. Feinstein (2014), "According to a study done by Gail Matthews at Dominican University, those who wrote down their goals accomplished significantly more than those who did not write down their goals" (para. 2).
There is still so much to be said for writing out our goals. The reasoning is simple; if you do not have a plan, how do you know where you want to go? How will you know how to get there? I can tell you, both from study and from life; those without a plan don't do as well as those with one. When you have a plan, you have a purpose to wake up to each morning. There are so many nights that I cannot even sleep all the way through, because I know my plan for the next day and I am just so excited about getting to it. I cannot wait to see what the results will be; all of the effort of my planning and action coming together.
Some of our members have shared with me that they don't have a plan because they just don't know where to begin. Here are a few steps to help get your plan together and put it into motion.
1. Think about what would make you the happiest every morning you wake up. I would be happiest if I were waking up to do...(fill in the blank)
2. Think about the lifestyle you want; laid back, kicking back on SouthBeach, a townhouse in Georgetown, or an NYC Penthouse?
3. Evaluate where you are in the big picture.
4. Discover the steps necessary to get there; education or training needed.
5. Decide if it is attainable. If so, how long? And then set up a set of realistic steps to get there.
You have ultimate control over your destiny, regardless of where you began. There is only one question to consider; how bad do I want it?
Excerpt from The Posh Life: Guide to Becoming the Ultimate Entrepreneur. Read more...